- RSS Channel Showcase 2833202
- RSS Channel Showcase 8293917
- RSS Channel Showcase 8316361
- RSS Channel Showcase 6430212
Articles on this Page
- 07/17/08--04:04: _Standards, test pro...
- 09/03/08--01:37: _DHS adopts NFPA sta...
- 10/09/09--07:40: _Euramco Safety Rece...
- 04/09/10--07:14: _NFPA and SAE announ...
- 05/09/12--03:21: _New HAZMAT Training...
- 08/28/07--05:42: _Hydrogen sulfide ga...
- 09/13/07--05:50: _Wildland urban inte...
- 02/21/08--08:24: _Guidelines for resp...
- 12/19/08--07:19: _Recognize Risk Factors
- 01/07/15--05:18: _Use the ERG with al...
- 04/25/17--07:49: _New, more comfortab...
- 05/20/17--06:13: _Firefighting foam c...
- 06/06/17--09:02: _2 firefighters take...
- 06/09/17--06:07: _Officials: Water sa...
- 06/10/17--15:09: _FLIR announces new ...
- 07/17/08--04:04: Standards, test procedures for CBRN respirators
- 05/09/12--03:21: New HAZMAT Training Available
- 08/28/07--05:42: Hydrogen sulfide gas dangers
- 09/13/07--05:50: Wildland urban interface hazards
- 02/21/08--08:24: Guidelines for responding to a radiation emergency
- 12/19/08--07:19: Recognize Risk Factors
- 01/07/15--05:18: Use the ERG with all intermodal container incidents
- 04/25/17--07:49: New, more comfortable hazmat PPE coming
- 05/20/17--06:13: Firefighting foam chemicals found in NASA site wells
- 06/06/17--09:02: 2 firefighters taken to hospital after ammonia leak
- 06/09/17--06:07: Officials: Water safe to drink after fire foam contamination
- 06/10/17--15:09: FLIR announces new spectrometer for chemical hazard identification
The National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) has developed performance appropriate standards and test procedures for all classes of respirators that will provide respiratory protection from chemical, biological, radiological and nuclear (CBRN) agent inhalation hazards. These NIOSH CBRN respirator standards can be accessed at www.cdc.gov/niosh/npptl/standardsdev/cbrn/.In addition ...
The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) announced today that the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has adopted two additional NFPA standards for first responders: NFPA 472, Standard for Competence of Responders to Hazardous Materials/Weapons of Mass Destruction Incidents; and NFPA 473, Standard for Competencies for EMS Personnel Responding to Hazardous Materials/Weapons of Mass Destruction ...
Wayne Allen, President of Euramco Safety, announced the ATEX Certification and said the company was pleased their RAMFAN line of Hazardous Location Blowers will bear the EX mark issued by UL, attesting to its compliance with International Hazardous Location Safety Standards.
The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) and the SAE International will be co-sponsoring the U.S. National Electric Vehicles Safety Standards Summit on October 19-20, 2010, at the Cobo Convention Center in Detroit, Michigan.
IAFC Introduces the Electronic Learning Community
Oil and gas production across the western United States has increased dramatically and can have an impact on fire suppression operations and expose fire personnel to health hazards. Many parts of the western United States also have natural occurring coal seams that can also produce potentially toxic gases as well. Fire personnel can be exposed to hydrogen sulfide gas (H²S). which is commonly expelled ...
Firefighters in the wildland urban interface may encounter hazards other than the fire itself, such as hazardous materials, utility lines and poor access.
There are times when a first responder must treat a patient who has been exposed to or present amid harmful radiation. To aid responders, the EPA has issued guidelines for responding to these emergencies...
Exposures occur in several forms and by several routes. Respiratory exposures occur because firefighters remove breathing apparatus without knowing airborne hazards exist...
When encountering a container such as this, use the Emergency Response Guidebook to help you deal with the container.
A move away from strict barrier protection testing is allowing PPE makers to build products better suited for hazmat response
NASA is supplementing the town's supply of water while more testing is ongoing
A total of seven people were sent to the hospital after an ammonia leak in a food processing facility
The city has flushed millions of gallons of water through the city's pipes and water system hoping to remove the compounds
The device allows responders to easily sample all phases of matter