- RSS Channel Showcase 3862855
- RSS Channel Showcase 6871852
- RSS Channel Showcase 7075286
- RSS Channel Showcase 5337906
Articles on this Page
- 05/09/12--03:21: _New HAZMAT Training...
- 07/17/08--04:04: _Standards, test pro...
- 09/03/08--01:37: _DHS adopts NFPA sta...
- 10/09/09--07:40: _Euramco Safety Rece...
- 04/09/10--07:14: _NFPA and SAE announ...
- 08/28/07--05:42: _Hydrogen sulfide ga...
- 09/13/07--05:50: _Wildland urban inte...
- 02/21/08--08:24: _Guidelines for resp...
- 12/19/08--07:19: _Recognize Risk Factors
- 01/07/15--05:18: _Use the ERG with al...
- 01/30/18--08:43: _14 firefighters exp...
- 02/01/18--07:33: _Lawsuit: Firefighte...
- 03/01/18--07:36: _Colo. firefighters ...
- 03/16/18--07:58: _Researchers: Firefi...
- 03/22/18--08:09: _EPA takes command o...
- 05/09/12--03:21: New HAZMAT Training Available
- 07/17/08--04:04: Standards, test procedures for CBRN respirators
- 08/28/07--05:42: Hydrogen sulfide gas dangers
- 09/13/07--05:50: Wildland urban interface hazards
- 02/21/08--08:24: Guidelines for responding to a radiation emergency
- 12/19/08--07:19: Recognize Risk Factors
- 01/07/15--05:18: Use the ERG with all intermodal container incidents
- 01/30/18--08:43: 14 firefighters exposed to chemicals while responding to blaze
- 02/01/18--07:33: Lawsuit: Firefighters were told hazardous chemical was vegetable oil
- 03/01/18--07:36: Colo. firefighters to begin decontaminating after all fires
- 03/16/18--07:58: Researchers: Firefighters absorb toxic chemical via skin
- 03/22/18--08:09: EPA takes command of 'extremely' toxic Colo. tire fire
IAFC Introduces the Electronic Learning Community
The National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) has developed performance appropriate standards and test procedures for all classes of respirators that will provide respiratory protection from chemical, biological, radiological and nuclear (CBRN) agent inhalation hazards. These NIOSH CBRN respirator standards can be accessed at www.cdc.gov/niosh/npptl/standardsdev/cbrn/.In addition ...
The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) announced today that the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has adopted two additional NFPA standards for first responders: NFPA 472, Standard for Competence of Responders to Hazardous Materials/Weapons of Mass Destruction Incidents; and NFPA 473, Standard for Competencies for EMS Personnel Responding to Hazardous Materials/Weapons of Mass Destruction ...
Wayne Allen, President of Euramco Safety, announced the ATEX Certification and said the company was pleased their RAMFAN line of Hazardous Location Blowers will bear the EX mark issued by UL, attesting to its compliance with International Hazardous Location Safety Standards.
The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) and the SAE International will be co-sponsoring the U.S. National Electric Vehicles Safety Standards Summit on October 19-20, 2010, at the Cobo Convention Center in Detroit, Michigan.
Oil and gas production across the western United States has increased dramatically and can have an impact on fire suppression operations and expose fire personnel to health hazards. Many parts of the western United States also have natural occurring coal seams that can also produce potentially toxic gases as well. Fire personnel can be exposed to hydrogen sulfide gas (H²S). which is commonly expelled ...
Firefighters in the wildland urban interface may encounter hazards other than the fire itself, such as hazardous materials, utility lines and poor access.
There are times when a first responder must treat a patient who has been exposed to or present amid harmful radiation. To aid responders, the EPA has issued guidelines for responding to these emergencies...
Exposures occur in several forms and by several routes. Respiratory exposures occur because firefighters remove breathing apparatus without knowing airborne hazards exist...
When encountering a container such as this, use the Emergency Response Guidebook to help you deal with the container.
The firefighters were rushed to the hospital after a small fire at a chemical distribution company turned into a major hazmat response
Officials are suing a trucking company over a chemical spill cleanup, claiming firefighters unwittingly handled a hazardous chemical that damaged equipment
South Metro Fire Rescue firefighters will now treat every fire as a hazmat incident by going through extra steps to decontaminate
The University of Ottawa study suggests that the toxins still enter the body, despite the full turnout gear that firefighters use
The tires' steel wheels are so hot that firefighters can't cool them and extinguish the blaze, which likely will continue emitting toxic smoke for the next week