- RSS Channel Showcase 1361583
- RSS Channel Showcase 3017539
- RSS Channel Showcase 6153680
- RSS Channel Showcase 6339398
Articles on this Page
- 07/17/08--04:04: _Standards, test pro...
- 09/03/08--01:37: _DHS adopts NFPA sta...
- 10/09/09--07:40: _Euramco Safety Rece...
- 04/09/10--07:14: _NFPA and SAE announ...
- 05/09/12--03:21: _New HAZMAT Training...
- 08/28/07--05:42: _Hydrogen sulfide ga...
- 09/13/07--05:50: _Wildland urban inte...
- 02/21/08--08:24: _Guidelines for resp...
- 12/19/08--07:19: _Recognize Risk Factors
- 01/07/15--05:18: _Use the ERG with al...
- 09/21/17--05:05: _New plaintiffs adde...
- 09/25/17--12:19: _Firefighters battli...
- 10/10/17--10:00: _How firefighters ca...
- 10/10/17--10:00: _What is fentanyl?
- 10/14/17--07:26: _Gas leaking from Ka...
- 07/17/08--04:04: Standards, test procedures for CBRN respirators
- 05/09/12--03:21: New HAZMAT Training Available
- 08/28/07--05:42: Hydrogen sulfide gas dangers
- 09/13/07--05:50: Wildland urban interface hazards
- 02/21/08--08:24: Guidelines for responding to a radiation emergency
- 12/19/08--07:19: Recognize Risk Factors
- 01/07/15--05:18: Use the ERG with all intermodal container incidents
- 09/21/17--05:05: New plaintiffs added to suit over Houston chemical plant fire
- 09/25/17--12:19: Firefighters battling blaze exposed to human feces, possibly hep A
- 10/10/17--10:00: How firefighters can ID fentanyl on scene
- 10/10/17--10:00: What is fentanyl?
- 10/14/17--07:26: Gas leaking from Kansas wells amid dispute over who must fix
The National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) has developed performance appropriate standards and test procedures for all classes of respirators that will provide respiratory protection from chemical, biological, radiological and nuclear (CBRN) agent inhalation hazards. These NIOSH CBRN respirator standards can be accessed at www.cdc.gov/niosh/npptl/standardsdev/cbrn/.In addition ...
The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) announced today that the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has adopted two additional NFPA standards for first responders: NFPA 472, Standard for Competence of Responders to Hazardous Materials/Weapons of Mass Destruction Incidents; and NFPA 473, Standard for Competencies for EMS Personnel Responding to Hazardous Materials/Weapons of Mass Destruction ...
Wayne Allen, President of Euramco Safety, announced the ATEX Certification and said the company was pleased their RAMFAN line of Hazardous Location Blowers will bear the EX mark issued by UL, attesting to its compliance with International Hazardous Location Safety Standards.
The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) and the SAE International will be co-sponsoring the U.S. National Electric Vehicles Safety Standards Summit on October 19-20, 2010, at the Cobo Convention Center in Detroit, Michigan.
IAFC Introduces the Electronic Learning Community
Oil and gas production across the western United States has increased dramatically and can have an impact on fire suppression operations and expose fire personnel to health hazards. Many parts of the western United States also have natural occurring coal seams that can also produce potentially toxic gases as well. Fire personnel can be exposed to hydrogen sulfide gas (H²S). which is commonly expelled ...
Firefighters in the wildland urban interface may encounter hazards other than the fire itself, such as hazardous materials, utility lines and poor access.
There are times when a first responder must treat a patient who has been exposed to or present amid harmful radiation. To aid responders, the EPA has issued guidelines for responding to these emergencies...
Exposures occur in several forms and by several routes. Respiratory exposures occur because firefighters remove breathing apparatus without knowing airborne hazards exist...
When encountering a container such as this, use the Emergency Response Guidebook to help you deal with the container.
Six more first responders joined the case, saying they've suffered from everything from burning eyes to bronchitis following the explosions
Firefighters slipped in a stream that homeless people use as a bathroom, according to officials
Use proven technology for efficient detection and identification of dangerous opioids like fentanyl and its analogues in the field
This potent prescription painkiller has become a dangerous street drug that poses significant risk to first responders
Northern Natural Gas Co., which owns the underground storage facility, wants the Kansas Corporation Commission to force well owners to plug abandoned wells